Somerville Community Corporation (SCC) is a non-profit community development corporation in Somerville, MA that empowers residents to sustain a diverse and affordable Somerville. SCC has determined that preserving and enhancing the remaining economic, racial, and ethnic diversity of our population is the overarching priority that drives our work today. This decision was made after witnessing the substantial displacement of low-income and working families from the western half of Somerville since the 1980s.
We engage in asset building and financial education, community organizing and grassroots planning, mediation, and real estate development.
Talk to us about our work in these areas by calling 617-776-5931. Phone extensions are listed next to each staff contact.
- Community Organizing: Rene Mardones (firstname.lastname@example.org) x226
- Community Planning: Meridith Levy (email@example.com) x242
- Education & Asset Building: Shannon Erb (firstname.lastname@example.org) x238
- First Source Jobs Program: Laura Denison (email@example.com) X237
- Mediation: Alice Comak (617) 625-6600, ext. 6146
- Real Estate Development: Scott Hayman (firstname.lastname@example.org) x227