Somerville Community Corporation has developed well over 300 rental and ownership homes for low- and moderate-income households in Somerville. Residents of our properties are selected via a public lottery with preference given to people who live and work in Somerville. Resident turnover in SCC’s properties is well below the average apartment turnover and includes properties built over 20 years ago.
Professional Property Management
Wingate Management Company at professionally manages the SCC portfolio of properties. Wingate started as a management and development company and, through controlled growth, has become recognized as an industry leader in the professional management of residential apartment buildings with an emphasis on quality, while achieving owners’ objectives. Wingate also manages over 5,700 market rate apartment homes in 16 states.
- U.S. Green Building Council LEED-NC Silver Certified
- Energy Star Rated
- HUD Doorknocker Award for Producing Sustainable Housing
- U.S. Green Building Council Innovation in Green Design Award
- EcoHome Design Magazine Merit Award for Sustainability
- Boston Society for Architects Design Award
- Northeast Green Building Award Honorable Mention, NESEA and MTC's Renewable Energy Trust
- Honorable Mention for "Commercial & Residential Outstanding Exterior" from Environmental Design + Construction (ED+C)