Somerville Community Corporation has developed well over 300 rental and ownership homes for low- and moderate-income households in Somerville. Residents of our properties are selected via a public lottery with preference given to people who live and work in Somerville.
Professional Property Management
SCC has contracted with Winn Residential, to professionally manage our properties. Winn has staff dedicated to SCC’s properties who work out of an office in one of SCC’s buildings. SCC & Winn dedicate great effort to ensuring that our properties are well maintained and serve as assets to their communities.
Resident turnover in SCC’s properties is well below the average apartment turnover and includes properties built over 20 years ago.
- U.S. Green Building Council LEED-NC Silver Certified
- Energy Star Rated
- HUD Doorknocker Award for Producing Sustainable Housing
- U.S. Green Building Council Innovation in Green Design Award
- EcoHome Design Magazine Merit Award for Sustainability
- Boston Society for Architects Design Award
- Northeast Green Building Award Honorable Mention, NESEA and MTC's Renewable Energy Trust
- Honorable Mention for "Commercial & Residential Outstanding Exterior" from Environmental Design + Construction (ED+C)