Everyone can benefit from learning new strategies for smarter saving and spending. And SCC’s Financial Literacy classes, the only such classes offered in Somerville, are designed to help you develop effective personal finance practices. Our classes help you:
- Set realistic, achievable goals.
- Devise a spending plan/budget that guides spending choices and is relevant to personal experiences.
- Develop strategies for smart saving and spending.
- Use credit wisely. Know your credit score and how it affects your asset-building power.
Be sure to try some of the budgeting tools SCC uses in our Financial Literacy classes. They are useful for people at any income level.
Financial Literacy Class Schedule
Upcoming Class Dates
6:00 to 9:00 p.m.
May 22, 23, 29, 30 and June 5, 6 and 12
9:15 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (noon)
February 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22 and 28 and again on
October 10, 11, 17, 18, 24, 25 and 31
Download SCC’s 2018 Financial Literacy class schedule. All classes require pre-registration. Contact Janine Lotti, asset building specialist, via email. or call her at 617.410.9906 for more information.
Classes are offered as follows:
You May Be Eligible ...
Also note that financially eligible individuals may receive a stipend upon completion.
Requirements: Participants must:
- Live, work or study in Somerville.
- Attend all seven class sessions, as well as two counseling sessions with SCC staff.
- Qualify under the following income guidelines.
1 Person Household, $47,150
2 Person Household, $53,900
3 Person Household, $60,650
4 Person Household, $67,350
5 Person Household, $72,750
6 Person Household, $78,150
7 Person Household, $83,550
8 Person Household, $88,950