SCC’s Culinary Arts Training Program, part of First Source, provides five months of job training aimed at preparing graduates for careers as line cooks, prep cooks, restaurant chefs, grill cooks, assistant cooks and other culinary service positions. Additionally, program participants have the opportunity to earn college credit at Bunker Hill Community College.
Download the brochure (PDF format) in:
The training program includes hands-on kitchen training, job coaching, guest speakers from the culinary world, field trips, career readiness training, and job search support. All training at Somerville Community Corporation is free, and participants who continue to BHCC may be eligible for free tuition through Pell Grants.
What’s Included in the Program?
- Hands-on culinary and baking classes (with option to earn college credit at Bunker Hill Community College)
- One-on-one career coaching and help finding a job
- Sessions to brush up on math and literacy skills
- Career-readiness training
- Access to the First Source Jobs Resource Room
- Help applying for financial aid
- Child care available during sessions at SCC
Who Should Apply?
This program is open to anyone who wants to build a career as a cook or in another career-building position in the culinary world. Priority is given to Somerville residents. There are no education or work experience requirements.
For more information or to register for an information session, please email:
Blake, or call her at 617.776.5931, ext. 233.